Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Operation Grimwater

As I was minding my own business in Triton Avenue, I happened upon the ever-egotistical Duncan Grimwater. Suddenly, it occured to me that my Death wizard, Chase Deathcrafter, had the same facial features as this humble NPC.


So... why not replicate the clothes?
After a little bit of Bazaar research, I happened upon Duncan's hat and boots --


Certainly not cheap for level 20, but stylish nonetheless.
Unfortunately, I couldn't find the appropriate robe to complete the look, so I went with a standard one. Duncan's Terminus staff was in good supply though, and the look was done!


Well, almost perfect. The robe was still bothering me.


Flawless above the shoulders, though! :P


Newbie wizards were gawking, but I had to figure out how to get Duncan's cooler death-y robe. His robe and boots both come from Taskmaster Djal in the Karanahn Barracks.. won't the robe also?
A visit to the Wiki page proved fruitless. Several of his robes were specific to other schools, and all of them were auctionable.


Obviously the newbies were starting to see past my disguise, so it was time to start farming Djal for a robe I wasn't even sure he had. However, Chase hadn't even done the quest.


On the bright side, I got to see manders dancing for freedom! :D


Sadly, farming the tyrannical Krok for an hour or so produced no results, so I had to cut my losses with the death-y symbols and be content looking mostly like Duncan Grimwater.


Close enough.
Next up, Susie Gryphonbane?


Yeah, probably not.
Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. How fun. You can be like those mine artists that paint themselves like a statue then scare the stuffins out of passers by. Just stand there and let them think it's a loading glitch and see if you can send them on a silly quest :P
    Chrissy The Blesser

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a cool post! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Have a splendiferous day! :)