Friday, August 8, 2014

63 Fish In The Tome

... 63 species of fish. 
Take one out, put it in the Tome,
62 species of fish to go.

If you couldn't tell, this number denotes the number of fish species available to catch so far. Naturally, I've been on a mission to catch every one, and it was heating up as I got closer to the ultimate goal. As Arlen had a garden to tend, I relegated the task to Tarlac, my level 80 Life wizard. He would see a lot of action in the next couple weeks.


The fish had a propensity for blinking took when I took their picture. Hmm...


This was probably my favorite punny fish. The description doesn't lie.

For awhile, I focused on the three Grizzleheim epic fish. In rarity, the Polar Bearracuda was probably the easiest to get, although it is pretty difficult to find one ice fish right beside a waterfall.


Are you hibernating now, or..?



It's hard to get a Rune Fish to show up, but pretty easy to clear the Mirkholm Keep pond and come back. As usual, the little guy decided to fall asleep in my screenshot.

 The Boss Hog ended up being the toughest, by far. It takes a few minutes just to clear the pond after using 'Reveal Fish'. This is where I learned a useful tip: once a fish has noticed your lure, click on the 'Fishing' tab on the right side of the screen. Instead of waiting for the fish to miss, then, you can just reel your lure back in without using energy. It was a time-saver, but it would be awhile before I found that bossy fish :P


Catching at least one of the two Krokotopia epic fish was easy enough.


Jellyfish are the cutest little things.
My last real focus was on Mooshu, which has the most epic fish (four), and all of them ended up being pretty stingy aside from the Bubba Fish.


Probably my proudest catch, considering I ran through Crimson Fields 3-4 times (and did a lot of waiting) just to reach the pond. Surprisingly though, Mr. Musushi here only took second place in time spent trying to catch a fish.


I forgot to fish for the Goldfin-ger for awhile, but it didn't take too long to catch. Like many of the Water Dojo fish, the Goldfin-ger is a fire species, but it's hard to miss as this guy really motors through the water quickly.

That marked 62 out of 63 fish. The Boss Hog and the Musushi put up a real challenge, but which one was my greatest undoing?


I ran through Emperor's Retreat a few dozen times before the Silver Streak showed up -- and that's a conservative estimate. It's a cool dungeon, but I am definitely sick of it by now :P

A couple days ago, Wizard101 made the 'Summon Fish' spell available for Level 6+ fishers. Despite the 10 energy cost, it was very helpful, as I could just re-stock the Emperor's Retreat pond with fish without waiting a good 15 minutes or so.

Last night, after re-stocking the pond with fish once again, I finally saw the little loading spiral for the Silver Streak. I was a bundle of nerves, to say the least. Looking in the biggest Emperor's Retreat pond where they're usually found, I didn't see any fish moving with significant speed. Sure enough, I caught two Garrrfish. Had I scared the Silver Streak away?! Where was it?


In the front pond? That didn't seem right. But there was a fish moving crazy fast through those waters. Following it, I attempted to cast a lure but was met with the "Insufficient Energy" message. Drat. Waiting around had prepared me for this moment, but I wasn't just going to wait another 15 minutes. There was one more Energy Elixir in my gift list (thanks, Grub Guardian), and I used it.


Voila. On the night of August 7th, over three weeks after Fishing was launched, I was done catching all the new fish. In fact, the publishing of this post solely depended on when I caught the Silver Streak.


Finally, Tarlac Lifegiver can take a well-deserved break from fishing. That is, until I start crafting Aquariums for every fish I have. That's a lot of Lifecudas. So, take your time, Celestia and Zafaria.

Happy Angling!



1 comment:

  1. Well done and a LOT of work shown here. Really great screenshots. It is amazingly hard to be ready and then to catch those fish as they rotate. Also catching their eyes open?.....Next to impossible so you are to be highly commended for all this hard work and great posting. Well done.
    P.S. I love the "Have a splendiferous day" closing. :D
    Blessings and giggles on yours.

    ReplyDelete

Have a splendiferous day! :)